•8:22 AM
The kids and I attended our first ice hockey game last month. As you may be able to tell from the picture, we were in the nose bleed section. This was a scout event. The scouts get a much better seat normally, but our group registration was lost and this was the best that they could do. We were okay with it.
Food was included in the registration. We had a hot dog, chips and a soda for each of us. I have to warn you, the hot dogs were like nothing I ever tasted before. They were exceedingly b-a-d! The kids wouldn't even eat them. I was told that if you drench them in jalapenos, you won't be able to taste anything but the burn. :-) Well, we just gave the other two away. The rest was good.
Anyway, not only did we get to watch the game and eat something like food, we got to spend the night in the AT&T Center! Very cool. These scouts were organizing all of their sleeping bags out on the ice. Okay, they did lay out an insulated covering over the ice... but it was still cool!
We actually put up a tent in the fairway and slept out there. They didn't expect this to be such a popular event among the scouts and since our registration was lost, we were at the bottom of the list. I could live with it. I'd rather be in my own tent than laying right next to strangers in my sleeping bag all night.
Now, go back to the first picture. Do you see the huge multi-sided monitor up top? They usually do replays and commercials up there during the game. There are also huge screens all around the interior of the stadium including the fairway. They dropped the huge monitor in the center of the stadium and played a couple of movies through the night. No matter where you were in the stadium, you could watch. It was very cool.
This was a fun experience. I was the only scout mom in our group that attended. :-) Guess that's a guy thing??? BUT, we still enjoy the SA Missions Game and campout on the ball field even better. We love being in scouts!
Food was included in the registration. We had a hot dog, chips and a soda for each of us. I have to warn you, the hot dogs were like nothing I ever tasted before. They were exceedingly b-a-d! The kids wouldn't even eat them. I was told that if you drench them in jalapenos, you won't be able to taste anything but the burn. :-) Well, we just gave the other two away. The rest was good.Anyway, not only did we get to watch the game and eat something like food, we got to spend the night in the AT&T Center! Very cool. These scouts were organizing all of their sleeping bags out on the ice. Okay, they did lay out an insulated covering over the ice... but it was still cool!
We actually put up a tent in the fairway and slept out there. They didn't expect this to be such a popular event among the scouts and since our registration was lost, we were at the bottom of the list. I could live with it. I'd rather be in my own tent than laying right next to strangers in my sleeping bag all night. Now, go back to the first picture. Do you see the huge multi-sided monitor up top? They usually do replays and commercials up there during the game. There are also huge screens all around the interior of the stadium including the fairway. They dropped the huge monitor in the center of the stadium and played a couple of movies through the night. No matter where you were in the stadium, you could watch. It was very cool.
This was a fun experience. I was the only scout mom in our group that attended. :-) Guess that's a guy thing??? BUT, we still enjoy the SA Missions Game and campout on the ball field even better. We love being in scouts!



1 comments:
Wow, what an amazing experience. How fun would that be. Too funny about the hot dogs.