•6:14 PM
I had a job out in Houston last week. We decided to run out to Galveston to see how things are shaping up. It looks pretty good from the outside. This is part of what's known as "The Strand". There are mostly beautiful old buildings that have been well maintained. They were all closed for clean up and repair.


This is cool. See how the Ike waterline there?

As for letterboxing, can you believe we didn't get a chance? That was a bummer. We didn't even attempt any in Galveston. All of the ones I looked at had been placed before Ike.


This is cool. See how the Ike waterline there?This is an interesting jetty they're standing on built out of huge blocks of granite.
We wondered if they were part of a building that was knocked down.
Some sides of the blocks were smooth and polished.

There's the jetty in the background. Daniel was showing Ms. Deanna all the sand and shells and I'm sure some other fun discoveries.
As for letterboxing, can you believe we didn't get a chance? That was a bummer. We didn't even attempt any in Galveston. All of the ones I looked at had been placed before Ike.



How lovely the beach is, don't you think. There's a certain peace in it when it isn't a wall. The daytime moon showed up in the shot there.


1 comments:
We usually stay in a place at "The Strand" every year for a conference. We didn't get to go this year due the damage. :-(