•9:02 PM
I have finally found some handiwork that Taylor really loves! This is a latch hook kit. She started on this a couple of weeks ago and is nearly half way through. I'm thrilled!
We've been working away on our quilts. I completed my twelve blocks already. These wonderful patriotic themed blocks are Deanna's. She came over to cut blocks together and she sewed a couple of hers together.
This next one is my favorite! I can't wait to see how this quilt turns out.
Taylor picked out some colors tonight put one of her blocks together. She enjoys using the sewing machine. As you can see, Taylor likes bright colors. :-) The corner pieces look more golden in person to match the gold in the center piece. I'm curious to see how this quilt turns out. Do you think black will be a good color to go between the pieces? :-)
Happy crafting!
We've been working away on our quilts. I completed my twelve blocks already. These wonderful patriotic themed blocks are Deanna's. She came over to cut blocks together and she sewed a couple of hers together.
This next one is my favorite! I can't wait to see how this quilt turns out.
Taylor picked out some colors tonight put one of her blocks together. She enjoys using the sewing machine. As you can see, Taylor likes bright colors. :-) The corner pieces look more golden in person to match the gold in the center piece. I'm curious to see how this quilt turns out. Do you think black will be a good color to go between the pieces? :-)
Happy crafting!



3 comments:
Oh, I love the middle block. That is going to be a georgous quilt when it is finished.
Taylor is doing a great job on her blocks. I can tell she is very creative by her choice in bright colors. She's not afraid to step outside of the box! As for black borders? I don't think that would be a good color. I think it might make the quilt too dark and it will definitely take the eye away from the blocks. Just my personal opinion. Have you actually put the black against the block to see what it will look like?
Yes, you're right. I'll have to take that block with me for sure and try to find something that would work. Taylor loves bright colors. Thanks for commenting on these. :-)
I love to do handicrafts. I have taught myself to sew, quilt, knit, crochet, and tat. I get excited when I see a young girl take interest in such things. That first quilt will be a treasured item for many years to come. I will be watching the progress!!