Author: Jennifer
•5:04 AM
We haven't done much birding in a while. But, now that I have a new camera that really can take decent pictures of birds, I've tried it out on a couple of birds from our backyard.

This is just a fluffy sparrow. I love how fluffy they get when it's cold. Some birds are even hard to recognize when they're wearing their winter fluff!
This one is actually a new find for our life list. We're still fairly amateur as far as birders go. But, we heard this little guy from our back porch. I decided to look over the fence next door and lo and behold... a Yellow-bellied Sap Sucker. She was so cute banging her head against that tree. We found that she was a female because there was no red marking on her neck. The males have a bright red neck to compliment their spike do. :-) They winter here in Texas.Woodpeckers are very interesting creatures. God actually gave them extra padding inside of their skulls to keep them from beating their brains out when they're at work.



Enjoy some nature... even when it's cold! We haven't found many wintering birds here because we tend to stay indoors when it's cold.
This entry was posted on 5:04 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: