This is a replica of one of Emperor Qin's terracotta army chambers only discovered in 1974 by some farmers! These guys were created about 300 years before Christ for the purpose of protecting his tomb.
There were over 8000 soldiers baried. What a way to spend a lifetime! You can barely see a statue of the emperor at the end of this chamber.
These are the replica of the Forbidden City. This was built in another city a few hundred years after Emperor Qin existed to house the imperial family. There is so much detail involved in the design of this place and they way they lived. It's a fun place to study architecture and culture. Of course, I had to purchase a book to read more about it.
Okay, I'm sorry... I just had to do that for those who would actually look. I could hold that tree in my hand. Yes, it's a miniature replica of the city. But, all of this really is in China. As soon as I get a job there, would you like to come with me and help me with my kids? :-)

This is the imperial vacation home. What a lovely place.

And that's all for the pictures. There are a few more areas on the tour. One being the weapon room and another being the architecture room.
And, the final display is the Venice of China. Here's some info about that: http://www.micktravels.com/china/tongli.html It's very interesting. This was always the place where men would go to find their wives. All women here were beautiful and had those lovely cripled feet the Chinese loved so much. To this day, men still go to Little Venice or Tong Li to find a wife.
Happy Ancient China studies!!! Now, get to Katy!




3 comments:
How cool!
I had no idea that was in Katy. We will have to check it out next time we go there.
Marcy
Nice Photos. Don't forget to scrapbook them. :)
Deanna's getting ready to go nuts with Creative Memories. It's about time! Now I can get everything into scrapbooks!