•9:06 PM
Looks like I never finished posting about Lake Eerie. Here's a little backtrack.

See those huge rocks? That's why the lighthouse was built here. :-)


We went to a state park as we left Marblehead heading towards Toledo. I was surprised to see that there were no fee booths. It was free. We went to the sandy area to play. Looks like a beach at the Gulf, doesn't it?
While we were staying with our friends in Ohio, we decided to rent a car so we could run up to see one of the Great Lakes. The nearest lake lies on the north border of Ohio - Lake Eerie.
We went to Marblehead to see a historic lighthouse. It's too bad that it wasn't open for tours that day, but it was a nice lighthouse and there was a nice view of the lake... and a more modern amusement park across the "bay".

See those huge rocks? That's why the lighthouse was built here. :-)

We went to a state park as we left Marblehead heading towards Toledo. I was surprised to see that there were no fee booths. It was free. We went to the sandy area to play. Looks like a beach at the Gulf, doesn't it?

We took advantage of the swings and observed some beautiful flowers and birds while we were there.

I was able to identify this guy as being the Eastern Kingbird. We'll not see those around here. There were several waterfowl that I had a tough time identifying. We just relaxed and observed. How fun! I wish we had more time to explore Michigan while we were so close to the border, yet we had to be getting back.



0 comments: