•7:41 PM
We went letterboxing today. This was a very interesting site. The box was located at the bottom of the Miamisburg Mound, which is the largest conical mound in Ohio. Historians say it was built by the Adena Indians and originally stood 70 feet tall. There are steps going up the side of the mound all the way up to the top where there is a really great view.
This is our friend Kymm and her son David. We're staying with them in Ohio. This is their first time letterboxing!
This is Taylor and me. Please remind me to suck in that tummy! Time for some serious sit-ups!
Time to find the letterbox... We had to walk around the base of the mound to find it. On the trip around the mound, we found that there is a lot of wildlife here! These little cottontails were everywhere. We discovered that they were chasing the American Robins that were everywhere on the ground, too.
As we admired to cute little bunnies, we spotted a large rodent scuttering across the field to the mound. He definitely wasn't a cat.. too large. His profile didn't match a raccoon. Taylor chased him and when I caught up, I found that she was nearly petting the cute little guy. I stopped her of course because she should know that she is never to approach a wild animal. Kymm identified it as a groundhog!
We also discovered some lovely American Goldfinches inhabiting the mound. They are strikingly beautiful!
And of couse, what's a letterboxing trip without playtime at the park? What a great picture. Just so you know, he did not fall off and break his neck. :-)
This is our friend Kymm and her son David. We're staying with them in Ohio. This is their first time letterboxing!
This is Taylor and me. Please remind me to suck in that tummy! Time for some serious sit-ups!One hundred and fifty-one.. breathe, breathe, one hundred and fifty-two... collapse. I'm sure I should be able to jog up this mound. Maybe I burned off dinner.
As we admired to cute little bunnies, we spotted a large rodent scuttering across the field to the mound. He definitely wasn't a cat.. too large. His profile didn't match a raccoon. Taylor chased him and when I caught up, I found that she was nearly petting the cute little guy. I stopped her of course because she should know that she is never to approach a wild animal. Kymm identified it as a groundhog!
We also discovered some lovely American Goldfinches inhabiting the mound. They are strikingly beautiful!
And of couse, what's a letterboxing trip without playtime at the park? What a great picture. Just so you know, he did not fall off and break his neck. :-)



0 comments: