Author: Jennifer
•8:17 AM
Yay!!! I can't believe that we were able to go to Ken Ham's famous Creation Museum. It is absolutely top-notch! If you ever get the chance to go, be sure to watch all the neat movies they show as part of the museum tour. The Planetarium show does cost a little more, but it is also excellent!

This Rhino is at the front entry of the museum. The boys of course noticed just how detailed this guy is... but we won't go into details. :-)


This is a marvelous display of Adam naming the animals. The figures are very realistic.

Taylor knew what these guys were immediately, but I had no idea. She's not in the room at the moment, so no documenting that.
This was in the Building of the Ark room. They kids got a break to use some motor skills. The puzzle David's working on is the famous Noah's Ark.
There was a room with lots of dinosaurs and their descriptions. Daniel was particularly fond of this one.
This was actually in another room called the Starting Points room, I believe. They discussed the differences in biblical truth versus human theories.
Ah, back in the dinosaur room again.

This dino has a saddle equipped for kids. They all needed a chance to ride the little dino.Outside of the museum is a fantastic garden! They have a carnivorous bog area with some nice pitcher plants. I borrowed this photo because I was out of memory.The garden has some beautiful flowers! I just missed a shot of a gorgeous butterfly in the area. Not quick enough.
Taylor requested a picture in from of this tranquil waterfall. It was a very nice setting.
I couldn't resist taking a picture of this cute bumblebee. We've done a nature study on these bees since we've been here. They cover a bush in the back yard of the home we're staying in. They're not scary. They're relaxing and very interesting to watch.

We found the petting farm after our walk through the garden. They had llamas, a camel, a pig, several chickens and peacocks and ... a zorse (yes... zebra/ horse) and...
a zonkey (zebra/ donkey). They were really neat. The poor zonkey had a strange sound that actually sounded like a cross between a zebra and a donkey.
Back through the garden to the parking lot...
This suspended bridge adds fun to the garden. The kids had to walk and run across it several times. At this point, we were in the park thirty minutes after the closing time. I was just waiting for someone to run us out. After all, we may never get another opportunity to visit the museum again.
If you can ever make it here, I know you will be impressed. Toddlers have fun too, but they don't have the patience for allowing you to read through all of the great info on the walls of the museum. :-)
This entry was posted on 8:17 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: