•3:55 PM
I couldn't resist. We had to attend a funeral today and decided to go on a nature walk afterwards. I think I'm reaching work burnout and need a few more escapes. That might mean a little more trouble for me, but it's better than going insane. 60-70 hours per week is a killer.


So, we went to Judson Nature Trails in Olmos Basin. This place is full of birds and I noticed that they do beginner bird walks every second Saturday of the month. Here's more info on that park:
http://www.saaudubon.org/birdlocs.html#Judson. While we were here, we caught sight of a Yellow-Crowned Night Heron and a Long-Billed Thrasher.


We were thrilled to find a spring fed stream.
Some kids have built a really neat tree house a bit off the trail. They have a winch on a limb above to pull up the end of their ladder. The tree house has a few different levels. The main level has a sun cover over it. Pretty inventive... I would say that falls under masterly inactivity. :-)



0 comments: