Author: Jennifer
•5:58 PM
How likely do you think the ruling in CA is going to affect decisions like this in other states? It's pretty serious! Should I consider planning out the next few years to work on completing a degree? What's the best action to take? What can we do? And how many other homeschoolers will stand with us? The only people that I hear get riled up, other than a few serious conservatives, are those who are against Christian values. What I mean is, they seem to be yelling louder, "WHAT ABOUT ME???".

The "what about me people" seem to have more time on their hands to make a difference on their behalf. Why have voting and political matters become a bad subject to speak of like "religion" has no place for discussion except in church. Shouldn't these things be part of the fabric of our lives? Isn't that what won this nation for Christianity to begin with? When did we get so lazy? OR, is everyone actually keeping up with the events and voting and taking a stand... but just not talking about it with fellow Christians because it's never the time or place.

I apologize to sound so blunt. It's not usually my way. But, when it comes to the future of our nation and the future of our precious children... Sit back because someone that has time will do it... and hopefully they'll choose that which benefits Christians and homeschoolers. I would be really encouraged to know who else is doing something about such issues. Who's voting? Who's keeping up with political issues? Who cares?
This entry was posted on 5:58 PM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 comments:

On March 7, 2008 at 7:39 PM , Smith Family said...

I care!! I vote! I just wanted to say Amen!!!!
My sister in law was thinking about homeschooling in CA she was seeing how kindergarden went. WEll know she doesn't have a choice and she is mad! Please pray for CA!
I signed the HSLD petition and so did she. I am thinking about going back and signing Greg's name too.

 
On March 7, 2008 at 7:48 PM , joshel said...

I agree. we need to take action. I vote, I signed the petition, I do keep up with the politics that concern us. We can email our senators, congressmen and the president and let them know that we wont accept this attack on our rights. If we are held responsible for our children and their actions until they are 18, then we should have the right to determine their education too and be responsible for it too. Not the government or state.
Michele

 
On March 9, 2008 at 4:19 PM , Monica said...

I will have to say that God is bigger than this decision, which can be overturned. This is overturned in the name of the Lord. When the children of God start to rule over as they were given authority, then we can take back our rights. This is God's way of getting his Body ready to fight on our knees. I pray right now that the Body of Christ has ears to hear, and has eyes to see to decree what God says and what He shows us. It is a time for our people to have wisdom on how to tread on the enemy. Thank you Lord because from the beginning you say that the enemy will come against us to turn us back to you.

 
On March 11, 2008 at 6:26 AM , Jennifer said...

Thanks so much for all of your comments. I didn't realize you had to be a member of blogger to post a comment. My initial reaction was to freak out... and yes, it did get my attention. I hope that it will get the attention of those who have be idly ignoring what goes on in the world hoping that it won't affect them. And just so you all know, I have great respect for teachers! I love them... I believe that they started their journey with a love for children and learning to say the least, but I do believe that many have gotten pushed around and beat up by public politics forcing them to one opinion or another therefore affecting their gifting. Every homeschool mom that I have met that was previously a school teacher had admittedly provided me with insight and encouragement. They are special to me. They are some of the most gifted homeschool moms I know. I know that these moms would not agree with the teachers union in CA. Stay tuned for a posting from The Old Schoolhouse.
Jen